Roosevelt House supports innovative research by Hunter College faculty and visiting scholars on critical issues of public policy and human rights. Among the Institute’s signature programs are its faculty seminars and faculty associates programs, which promote interdisciplinary examination of the critical policy issues which face the nation and the world today. The Institute’s academic research programs are able to draw on the strength of Hunter’s faculty in relevant areas, and new interdisciplinary research centers and projects led by distinguished scholars are in development, including the CUNY Institute for Education Policy, founded by David Steiner, Dean of the School of Education, and launched in December, 2012, and the LGBT Social Science and Public Policy Center at Roosevelt House, founded by Dr. Jeffrey Parsons who, along with Professor Markus Bidell, serves as the Co-director.
Roosevelt House has acquired special funding from the Tisch family to establish a distinguished visiting scholar position in the field of public health policy, and is actively seeking funding from other sources to provide fellowships and residencies for Hunter College faculty and guest experts.
Recent Faculty Publications
- Faculty Associates William Solecki and Peter Marcotullio Contribute to New Book on Urbanization, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Professor Viteritti (Urban Affairs): “The Federal Role in School Reform: Obama’s ‘Race to the Top’” Translated into Chinese
- Professor Joseph Viteritti: “The Federal Role in School Reform: Obama’s ‘Race to the Top,’” Translated into Chinese
Faculty Associates News
- Roosevelt House Launches Series of Issue Briefs on Affordable Housing
- Roosevelt House Faculty Associate Howard Chernick Receives Fulbright Award
- Professor Roseanna Flores (Psychology) Participates in UN Briefing on the Status of Children Around the World
Academic Conferences and Events
- Making the Emergent City: A Panel Discussion
- Lethal but Legal: Corporations, Consumption, and Protecting Public Health
- Human Rights in Malaysia: Student-Faculty Lunch with Andrew Khoo