Roosevelt House supports innovative research by Hunter College faculty and visiting research scholars on critical issues of public policy and human rights. Among the Institute’s signature programs are its faculty seminars and faculty associates programs, which promote interdisciplinary examination of the critical policy issues which face the nation and the world today. The Institute’s academic research programs are able to draw on the strength of Hunter’s faculty in relevant areas, and new interdisciplinary research centers and projects led by distinguished scholars are in development, including the CUNY Institute for Education Policy, founded by David Steiner, Dean of the School of Education, and launched in December, 2012, and the LGBT Social Science and Public Policy Center at Roosevelt House, founded by Dr. Jeffrey Parsons who, along with Professor Markus Bidell, serves as the Co-director.
Roosevelt House has acquired special funding from the Tisch family to establish a distinguished visiting scholar position in the field of public health policy, and is actively seeking funding from other sources to provide fellowships and residencies for Hunter College faculty and guest experts.
Recent Faculty Publications
- Roosevelt House Faculty Journal – Minority Communities and Law Enforcement Edition
- Roosevelt House Faculty Associate Sanford F. Schram Provides Commentary on the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
- Roosevelt House Faculty Journal – Brexit Edition
Faculty Associates News
- Faculty Associate Jeffrey Parsons Talks HIV Research and 20th Anniversary of CHEST in POZ Magazine
- New Policy Brief from May 2016 Colloquium on Race & Class in Special Ed Policy
- Human Rights Program Adjunct Phelim Kine Quoted in Recent Times Report on Vigilante Violence
Academic Conferences and Events
- Gender, Humiliation and Radical Islamist Rhetoric: Orientalist Lineage, Neoconservative Conceit, Islamist Trope – Navigating the Nexus
- 70 Acres in Chicago: Cabrini Green Film Screening
- The Untold Story of Welfare Reform: Low-Income Women’s Activism