Roosevelt House supports innovative research by Hunter College faculty and visiting research scholars on critical issues of public policy and human rights. Among the Institute’s signature programs are its faculty seminars and faculty associates programs, which promote interdisciplinary examination of the critical policy issues which face the nation and the world today. The Institute’s academic research programs are able to draw on the strength of Hunter’s faculty in relevant areas, and new interdisciplinary research centers and projects led by distinguished scholars are in development, including the CUNY Institute for Education Policy, founded by David Steiner, Dean of the School of Education, and launched in December, 2012, and the LGBT Social Science and Public Policy Center at Roosevelt House, founded by Dr. Jeffrey Parsons who, along with Professor Markus Bidell, serves as the Co-director.
Roosevelt House has acquired special funding from the Tisch family to establish a distinguished visiting scholar position in the field of public health policy, and is actively seeking funding from other sources to provide fellowships and residencies for Hunter College faculty and guest experts.
Recent Faculty Publications
- Roosevelt House Faculty Journal – Minority Communities and Law Enforcement Edition
- Roosevelt House Faculty Associate Sanford F. Schram Provides Commentary on the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
- Roosevelt House Faculty Journal – Brexit Edition
Faculty Associates News
- Hunter College mourns the death of Peter Kwong, Distinguished Professor of Urban Policy and Planning and Professor of Asian Studies
- Manu Bhagavan: The Indian Court’s Ban on Identity Politics Will Have Unintended Consequences
- Roosevelt House Launches New Series of Faculty Commentaries on “The First 100 Days of the Trump Presidency”
Academic Conferences and Events
- Film Screening: Food Evolution & Panel Discussion
- Conflicting Visions of Citizenship in the Trump Years
- A Warrior Ethos: Ancient and Modern