Tours are postponed until further notice.
Roosevelt House — the former double townhouse of Franklin, Eleanor and Sara Delano Roosevelt, and now owned by Hunter College — offers visitors a chance to get closer to a family as unique as the city they inhabited, and to explore the private spaces where some of the most iconic public policy of the 20th century was shaped.
Tour the New York City home of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, their five children, and FDR’s mother Sara Delano Roosevelt.
Hear about Franklin’s rise to the presidency after his struggle with polio, Eleanor’s activism for civil rights and human rights, and Sara’s philanthropy. Join us in the rooms where Eleanor gained the leadership skills to become America’s ambassador to the world and where Franklin created the New Deal to bring America out of the Great Depression. Hear the voices of the Roosevelts and their friends and view Roosevelt memorabilia, photographs, and period documents.
Enjoy the Neo-Georgian landmark designed by architect Charles A. Platt and learn how Hunter College carries on the Roosevelts’ legacies in the 21st century through research, teaching and public programs.
Cost: Free, with a suggested donation of $10 for adults.
Roosevelt House offers regularly scheduled, guided tours to individuals on Saturdays, and to groups on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Individuals are invited to visit on Saturdays when drop-in tours are offered at 10:00am, noon, and 2:00pm. Please check back in the spring to see our open dates to make sure that we are open on the day you would like to visit.
- Reservations are required for all groups of 5 or more people. Please check back in 2020 to schedule a group tour.
- Tours for individuals are free of charge, though donations are welcome.
- Group tours cost $100 for up to 5 people and $15 per additional person. Groups will be invoiced by email following the confirmation of their reservation and must pay in advance, either by check (preferred) or online by credit card. For groups of 20 or more people, there will also be an administrative fee of $25.
- All tours are guided, there are no self-guided tours of Roosevelt House.
- All group tours are subject to availability and must be booked at least two weeks in advance; tours on short notice may be accommodated schedule permitting.