Roosevelt House Faculty Associates are appointed from the Hunter Faculty for a renewable three year term.
Hunter College’s distinguished Roosevelt House Faculty Associates provide the backbone for the important work that takes place at Roosevelt House. Roosevelt House Faculty Associates participate in a wide variety of activities: they develop, guide and teach in the Public Policy and Human Rights Programs; undertake research that informs better policymaking; lead and participate in interdisciplinary faculty seminars; serve on Roosevelt House faculty committees; participate in conferences, lectures and public programs; and otherwise generously contribute their time and expertise towards the shared goal of enhancing the lively and growing academic community at Roosevelt House.
Recent Faculty Publications
- Tax Structure and Revenue Instability: The Great Recession and the States – Chernick/Reimers
- Faculty Associates William Solecki and Peter Marcotullio Contribute to New Book on Urbanization, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Professor Joseph Viteritti: “The Federal Role in School Reform: Obama’s ‘Race to the Top,’” Translated into Chinese
Faculty Associate News
- Fall 2013 Spitzer Capstone Prize Goes to Audrey Stienon’s “Inclusion Through Care”
- Human Rights Program Chair Manu Bhagavan featured on All Things Considered
- Faculty Associate Howard Chernick Appointed to the Board of Seedco
Academic Conferences and Events
- Human Rights in Malaysia: Student-Faculty Lunch with Andrew Khoo
- “One Out of Three: Immigrant New York in the Twenty-First Century,” a Book Discussion with Sociologist Nancy Foner
- Poverty, Politics and the Transformation of Williamsburg and Greenpoint, 1975 to Today